As the leading independent company providing high-quality polished concrete in Pittsburgh for homes and businesses, our technicians at Z Worx Construction answer hundreds of inquiries from a wide variety of customers about concrete floors.
What makes polished concrete superior to other flooring options? Is the beautiful aesthetic appearance of polished concrete worth the price? If you’re curious about this durable and eye-catching flooring option, keep reading.
In this explainer, we will outline the benefits of polished concrete and how to decide if it is the right choice for your needs.
The Art of Polished Concrete: Unveiling Stunning Results
You can find polished concrete in hundreds of warehouses and commercial spaces across Pennsylvania, as managers of industrial properties find these floors strike the best balance between appearance and function. You can also see polished concrete in grocery stores, office parks, and thousands of residential spaces, like garages and patios.
Concrete polishing has been a popular flooring solution for nearly 30 years and is still a rising trend in the residential and industrial construction industry.
With concrete polishing, you get a smooth, high-gloss finish that can make even the most worn-out floor look brand-new. Concrete polishing does not require waxing or chemical agents to stay high-luster and is among the most low-maintenance flooring options you can install on a budget.
You can stain, dye, and install various overlays on polished concrete to make rooms appear more spacious and inviting.
Enhancing Spaces: The Versatility of Polished Concrete
Floors are among the most overlooked design elements of a home or commercial building. While window placements and interior paintwork are important, the right floor and ceiling combination can make rooms appear wider, longer, and more spacious — and keep occupants safe with slip resistance.
In terms of appearance, the main benefit of concrete polishing is its versatility. Polished concrete can brighten or darken a room instantly. It can work with the bare walls and metal staircases of industrial condominiums. It can fit the wooden counters and eggshell paintwork of rustic homes.
Businesses love polished concrete because it’s suitable for storage spaces and employee breakrooms. You can find it in numerous manufacturing facilities covering thousands of square feet as it helps illuminate production floors by bouncing off light from bulbs in the ceiling.
Technicians from Z Worx Construction can install five types of polished concrete in Pittsburgh:
- Stained concrete can include numerous colors instead of a solid, opaque floor
- Dyed concrete creates a vibrant finish that is more eye-catching than chemical stains
- Uncolored polished concrete lets vintage car collections and signage shine with an industrial and simplistic look
- Stenciled, cut, and engraved concrete can feature intricate designs fit for higher-end spaces
- Overlays hide carpet tack holes, spalling, and patchwork on concrete slabs
Benefits Beyond Beauty: The Advantages of Polished Concrete
Polished concrete provides so much more than aesthetic benefits. It might be impossible to list the advantages it offers residents and business owners, so we will enumerate the most common ones we encounter:
- High durability. It is nearly impossible to chip or scratch. This quality makes it the most popular choice for loading bays and parking areas.
- An incredibly long lifespan. Most concrete polished floors can last decades and will outlive floor coverings like wood laminate, vinyl tile, and carpet.
- Low maintenance. Has water- and smudge-resistant properties. It only requires periodic sweeping and mopping to prevent dust accumulation.
- Cost-effective. Many concrete polishing finishes cost under $20 per square meter.
- Unlimited design options. Clients can choose from a virtually endless selection of texture and color effects that contractors can generate on a computer.
- Healthier living spaces. Provides excellent anti-microbial and mold protection, meaning children, pets, and customers will have fewer allergic reactions.
- Thermal and chemical resistance. Will not delaminate or crack even when you spill hot water or acidic chemicals.
Trust Z Worx Constructions for Your Polished Concrete Needs
Concrete polishing is a multi-step process that requires professional equipment and technical expertise. At Z Worx Constructions, we have seen homeowners who thought installing a concrete polishing floor on their garage or basement would make a great weekend project, only to go hundreds of dollars over their budget and finish their projects weeks after their deadlines.
As experts in polished concrete in Pittsburgh, we offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee with a perfect service record in all the cities we cover. Our work earns us dozens of five-star reviews on independent websites and online forums. You can view pictures of our finished projects on our website.
Our technicians use state-of-the-art diamond grinders to reduce work times and create a smooth polished surface in less than 24 hours. We specialize in flake and metallic coatings on concrete floors, and our polyaspartic and polyurea coatings both come with a five-year warranty, so you can trust in the quality of our work.
Contact Us Today for Your Free Quote
Contact Z Worx Construction today and work with highly rated contractors offering polished concrete and other floor finishes in Pittsburgh. We also offer concrete sealing and waterproofing for outdoor areas.
We also serve nearby areas like Lawrence, Butler, Beaver, and Allegheny. Our technicians will offer you a free quote after inspecting your prospective job site. Some concrete slabs might feature more extensive damage than others, and we will factor repair costs into your estimate.
Call 412-226-4479 for your free consultation!